Main advantages of CAD/CAM technology:
- Accuracy of shape prevents gapping between tooth crowns and surrounding teeth.
- Immediate 3D images remove the need for taking time-consuming impressions of teeth.
- Computer sculpting creates a much healthier restoration for the tooth in a matter of minutes.
- Short sculpting time allows the dentist to place your dental restoration during the same visit, instead of requiring two visits.
- CAD/CAM restorations are better-fitting, more durable and more natural looking (multi-colored and translucent, similar to natural teeth) than previously machined restorations.
Cerec 3D is the state of the art technology that makes it easy for the dentists and patients in making all kinds of restorations with micro millimeter accuracy in a span of few hours. Clinical applications include metal and all-ceramic crowns and bridges, onlays, inlays, and veneers, as well as a variety of implant restorations. The system can also produce custom implant abutments in both zirconia and titanium.
By using the CAD/CAM technology, we are in complete control of the final result. Since the crown, inlay, onlay or veneer is designed and fabricated from start to finish by us, we have total control over how it will look and fit. A crown made in a laboratory is under the control of technicians and assistants who work of plaster models and have not even seen the patient, and this affects the end result.